If you are reading this post you most likely are considering starting a blog or you may have started one in the past but left it hanging for whatever reason. I have been in both places, debating whether or not to start a blog, and starting not just one, but three blogs in different years with so much confusion on how to go about it all. This year is definitely the defining moment for me and I would like to really help you with this so you do not ever go back and forth again. There is a way to begin your blog right so that you stay motivated and consistent which is something I learnt over the years and going through coaching this year has made me see the value of not trying to figure things out on your own. We will talk about this in another post but for now let’s lay the foundation shall we!!
There are different reasons people consider blogging, to share stories, promote your products and so much more. The reason for me was because after launching my first book in 2013 I really wanted to develop my writing skills. If you are a writer, aspiring author or published author I consider this a must for a lot of reasons, something I explain in depth in my book writing courses, but this is also very good for almost any career, intention or business so let me break it down a little further.
Today we will talk about 5 never changing benefits for starting a blog:
- Confidence – Starting a blog helps develop confidence in your field as you continue to speak about the topics you are sharing about. You also develop confidence in the topic or product you are speaking about as you have to continue learning more about your topic to develop content. You also become a confident writer, ok do I need to explain this one!? As you continue to write each week your writing style and voice becomes more pronounced. The more confident you are about something the more excited you will be as you are sharing it.
- Leadership – As you become more confident, you begin to stand out as a leader in your field. People love to have a reference or someone they can go to for guidance, so guess what your blog will provide just that, leadership and guidance. You will become the go to person when they want to know about a particular topic or have questions they need answered in their life. As you lead your audience through your blog it will serve as a point of reference and proof that you know and care about your subject and showcase your passion for the field you are in.
- Relationship – A blog gives you the benefit of developing a relationship with your readers and audience. They will get to know more about you and your thoughts and develop an online trust for you. This is so crucial especially since online means you may never meet this person face to face but a blog will help them feel connected to you . With so many scammers out there it is important that people feel that you are genuine and you are a real person. As an author this is really important to me. The more people develop a relationship with me and learn my writing style, the easier it will be for them to buy my books.
- Consistency – Beginning a blog helps you stay consistent as you have to develop self discipline, knowing that your audience is waiting for you to post something weekly. Self discipline can spill over to so many other areas of your life and when nurtured well will cause you to experience all round progress in the goals you set up to do. The more you blog the more you will realise what your audience is interested in and what they are not so fond of. This will help you become more aware of your time. A lot of us like to give the excuse of not having enough time but in all honesty I always believe it is a matter of what you decide to prioritise ( just thought I should knock this out real quick). Consistency will require you to get your schedule and time management system working smoothly in order for you to stay on the ball.
- Financial Income – Now who does not like or need an extra $1 in their pocket. I know I do. Blogging can become an income stream especially when you have the above in place (consistency). Depending on your blog niche it can open so many doors for you with affiliates, products and heck you can turn your blog into an ebook. So this is also another blog post on its own but yes it is possible to make money from your blog and if you decide to stop debating about starting and just do it already then you will surely reap the benefits in some months from now.
So there you have it, yes I know we all have fears and doubts to overcome but I know even as you continue to research about blogging, the benefits outweigh the doubts big time. Don’t spend your whole day pondering, do not waste another second. Begin your blog today and I am more than happy and willing to guide you all the way as I have guided other happy bloggers today:))